We bought our Chausson Welcome 85 in October 2010 and we fell in love with it straight away, ‘love at 1st sight’ as they say. We immediately named it the Passion Wagon.
We found it on the off chance as we were coming back from another motorhome dealer and didn’t realise there was another in the vicinity. They only had a few vans as they were primary a caravan dealer. The van had only been there for a day and didn’t even have a price on it or valeted, but spoke to us
‘buy me‘ so we did!!!!!
It was in immaculate condition 2.5 yrs old and had only done 7,250 miles, French bed layout, 3Ltr engine and could sleep four people, it ticked all the boxes.
Since then we have added lots of bits to suit our camping habits, so in chronicle order here they are and the reasoning behind them.
- External BBQ point……. Always eat outside unless it rains, if that happens pack up, seek the sun
- Air Assisted Suspension…….. Stops the van rock and rolling around the roundabouts and other things!
- De Humidifier……. To keep the humidity under control in the winter months
- 1500w Inverter…….. We love our morning Nespresso
- Solar Panel…….. The coffee machine kept flattening the battery
- Extra battery….. We needed more power for the coffee machine
- Memory foam topper….. Well you know what that is for!!!!
- Inline water filter…. I could say for the coffee but I would be lying
- Motorbike Rack No.1 ……. For the Bike but that wasn’t stable enough so
- Motorbike Rack No. 2….. Now we have a beast of a rack to hold the Duke
- Dyson hot/cool fan……. An extra boost when needed
- Trickle charger…… Charges the main battery from leisure battery
- Garmin Sat Nav…..Because the Ipad kept on sending us the wrong way
- SOG……Enables us to have environmentally friendly black water
- Gaslow…..Refillable gas for abroad so we don’t run out when cooking our BBQ’s
- Plus lots of little things to make the van ours.
Added the week we went away
- Cadac Safari chef (the little one)
- Transcool mini air conditioner
A quick update on what we have discovered we don’t need after 4wks of travelling and will be removing next trip
Large cadac, the small one is enough for 2 people
Small deck chairs